It's really sad when you have a network of 431 friends on Facebook (wow- I had to look that number up just now, I'm really surprised I even know that many people) 30 or so co-workers and additional friends and family and out of all those people I got two responses about the kitten. I just find that sad. I thought that I would find at least 5. c'mon!
A friend from Westminster is interested and is going to come see him tomorrow. Hopefully they fall in love like I have and give him a nice home. I don't know how much longer my mom can keep him.
It's really sad how there are too many homeless animals and not enough people to give them homes. I grew up with two neighbors who used to rescue animals on their own. I called them this past weekend about the kitten and they told me that after years and years of rescuing animals, they had to finally stop because of the stress and trauma it put them through. They were helpful and gave us phone numbers of people we could call.
My dream would be to have a big house and use the basement as a shelter where I could foster animals while trying to find them homes. I don't know anymore. After one day with this kitten I fell in love and have been so depressed trying to find it a home. I don't know if I could do this all of the time. There are still two kittens in the backyard that we haven't been able to catch. It's so sad.
Anyway, I guess my message is that if you have a chance to adopt a pet from a shelter or take in an animal off of the streets please - please do so.
1 year ago



1 comment:
Hey you!! I am actually due any day I will text you when she comes! we will have to get together soon for sure!! I am glad you have a blog they are so nice to keep in touch!
Post a Comment