October 25, 2008

BOO at the ZOO

I was planning on sleeping in and having a relaxing weekend. Maybe even hanging out with friends from Ogden I haven't seen in a long time. But of course that did not happen. I have a client at work who needed someone from our agency to work their booth at Boo at the Zoo and hand out string cheese to the Trick or Treaters. It was a LONG day. I started at 7:00am and did not get home until 4:00pm. Thank goodness for my friend Angie who helped me run the booth, I couldn't have done it without her.

There were so many people at the zoo, I heard they surpassed record attendance from past years, which is Great! It ended up being a TON of fun watching all the little kids dressed up in their costumes! They of course LOVED the string cheese. We ran out at 11:00am and had to run and get more. We handed out over 5,000 pieces of string cheese. CRAZY, especially since we had to tear them a part one by one!

I was really surprised that I didn't see anyone I knew all day. So many of my friends and family have kids, I thought for sure I would run into someone. For those of you who have kids, remember this for next year, I think you and your family would have a GREAT time!

1 comment:

Adam and Brittany said...

Meg, when I have kids, I will for sure go check it out. I love the zoo, but I was just there with my niece and nephew not too long ago. You are a trooper to go and help like that, all day!!