March 30, 2010

Slim (NOT) Quick



Lately I feel like I'm living the SlimQuick commercial. I realized I need to slim it down a bit and become more healthy. I gave up ALL sweets (except fruit snacks) and pop. I am also eating plain oatmeal, YUCK, fiber/protein bars, red peppers and hummus for snacks, etc. How much better can you get right?

Well, after 1 1/2 months of this nonsense, I have lost 3 pounds! 3. Meanwhile, Marc has stopped drinking a few beers and he has lost like 10 pounds! I overhead him and a friend talking about how they need to GAIN weight! Seriously!

Why do guys have to loose weight so easily? I guess I will just keep on keepin on!

3 comments:

Candace said...

Guys suck and that is why. I have never been so angry when after working out 6 days a week and eating 1000 calories/day I had lost 10 lbs in six months. When I asked my dad how he managed to lose 30 lbs in three months, his reply was, "Candace, it's only portion control." AAAAAARRRRGGGG!

Adam and Brittany said...

HaHa! So know how you feel on this one!

Shannon Williams Olsen said...

Just wait til you have a kid - it only gets worse! After 4 years I can't blame this on baby weight anymore either - pooey :( I've lost all hope and have stuck to eating what I love, just less often and not as much... anorexia is the way to go! jk :)