April 8, 2009

Factoid Friday

I was on Facebook the other day and a girl I went to school with wrote on my wall and commented on a situation that happened to me in 7th grade. It is so bizarre and funny, so I thought it would be perfect for a Factoid Friday!

This was her post:

how are have you been? so... the other I was reminded of you when some kids were throughing paper air planes and I was telling them it was dangerous and was telling them about a girl I knew who got a paper air plane in her eye! do you remember that?

Yes, it is true. The teacher stepped out of the class and everyone started going crazy. You know 7th graders. Well, I was helping a friend with home work and as I looked up, a paper airplane flew right into my EYE! And it Stuck!

I went straight to the Dr and luckily it hit the white part of my eye and not my cornea. It scraped off a few layers of my eye ball, but other than that, I was ok. What are the odds of something like that happening!

Needless to say, that is my mom's favorite story to tell to her class when her kids are throwing paper airplanes.

2 comments:

Elder Alex Petersen said...

Thats a funny story! haha, good thing nothing to dramatic happened to your eye! Atleast it wasn't a pencil lol.

Unknown said...

How crazy! You would get a paper airplane stuck in your eye. It was probably drama at the time!